Friday 26 March 2010

Young Writers 4




Inspired by Robyn Ayres delightful Grass and Stars - a tiny book in a matchbox - I asked her advice on how to go about making one. Robyn sent me a template for the sixteen-page mini book so that I could share it with school students aged 9-11 yrs for book-making fun on World Book Day. Thank you Robyn for your generous help. Here are some of the books made by Year 6 students.












Matchbox books shown above made by Hugo, Kian, Eileen, Sofia, Joe, Ruby and Aidan.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Oh my goodness! You MUST show me / tell me how to make these? I love love love them!

Val Rutt said...

Hi Liz, They're great aren't they? Robyn's happy for me to pass on her template. Until I work out how to make it more readily available why don't you email me and I'll send you a pdf. email to valatvaltruttdotcom

Val Rutt said...

Oops - that should be ValatValruttdotcom

robyn said...

Hi Val, I love the project. If you see the students again tell them I said they did a wonderful job and I wish I could have been there to read each of their books. I'm making myself go blind trying to read the tiny covers and books posted here. Maybe it's a good thing that I wasn't there because if I had been, none of the kids could have taken them home because I would have put them in my purse with me, lol. ;)

Candy Gourlay said...

that is so cool, Val. can you share a step by step on how to make them? hey, i didn't realize you were blogging. will follow you now.