Monday 28 July 2008

The Lost Mouse

I don't know how long it has been missing but today I discovered that I no longer have a small, painted wooden mouse with a thin leather tail. I used to have two of these mice but I gave one to Vicky. The other one used to sit on the mantlepiece in my bedroom but when I thought to look for it today it wasn't there. Phil at Graham Hall happened to ask me if I had a mouse and that was when I went to look and found it gone. I have a large collection of small things and it is difficult to keep track of it all but I am certain that the small wooden mouse was around quite recently. I use these little things for story-writing workshops so perhaps I took the small mouse somewhere and left it behind. Or perhaps it's just off foraging for crumbs or making tiny holes in the skirting board behind the sofa. With a bit of luck it'll turn up - I'll let you know.

No comments: